Who we are
We are LPO Licensees!
LPOG is a Franchisees Association established in 2013 by working LPO Licensees from all states across Australia. The Association was formed to ensure the viability and the financial outcomes of the LPO model for both Licensees and our Australian communities. It is our aim to provide an alternative Industry body to represent our member's interests in our ongoing relationship with Australia Post, and to provide support and resources to help build more successful outcomes for Licensed Post Offices.
A Licensed Post Office, by its very nature, is an integral part of the Australia Post business, and as such, part of our mission is to build a healthy and collaborative relationship with our franchisor, Australia Post. In doing so, we must, understandably, be rather focused on the best outcomes for LPOs, while working closely with Australia Post to grow the entire business, for all to thrive. We have a symbiotic relationship, we cannot stand alone, we must work together to achieve our mutual best outcomes. Historically, Licensees have been challenged with inadequate representation in the face of the obvious power inbalance, being the small business arm of a major corporation. LPOG is determined to improve the voice of Licensees, and to address more fairly the needs of the Licensee owners of LPOs, in order to achieve a more successful and robust industry.
Our current board of Directors:
- Emeric Charles (Blackbutt LPO, QLD) - Director email@example.com
- Angela Cramp (Shellharbour, Warilla LPO NSW) - Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Hirst (Beresfield LPO, NSW) - Chairperson email@example.com
- Gary Houghton (Wallaroo LPO, SA) - Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graeme Obrien (QLD) - Managing Director email@example.com
- Lynaire Poless (Kalbah LPO, QLD) - Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terri Polman (Berrimah and Charles Darwin University LPOs, NT) - Director email@example.com
You can help shape LPOG by becoming a Member, sharing your advice and experience and support for fellow Licensees, or nominate for State Committees. We need as much support, experience and enthusiasm as possible, to tackle the big issues that threaten our considerable investment in Licensed Post Offices in Australia.
Our future will only ever be as good as we make it, and together we can give each other a hand, build on our strengths and grow our future.
Our constitution can be downloaded here.